November 17, 2008

A little about me.....

I wanted to take a minute and post a little about me and my style.  I know a lot of people shop for photographers and to make an investment to capture important memories is very important! I have 3 beautiful kids and honestly the reason I started photography was because like many of my peers, I got tired of the hustle and bustle of the chain studios.  Kids, as we know, tend to be very unpredictable and I had my run in for the last time with a 15 minute session gone bad.  I had good times and I had bad, but it got to the point that when I went to chain studios I was still spending on average $130-$200 a session and mind you this was for 20 minutes, a few pictures, and no editing! I wish someone would have informed me sooner about custom photography honestly its the same price and you can have your photos on a cd to print at your beck and call.  Again this is a little about me and im not saying anything other than that about chain studios, they just werent for me....

As for my style Im a little outside of the box, I want to capture your moments as memories that you can display in your home as art! I love to do textures, antiquing, a vintage feel.  I specialize in on location natural light photography as well as studio photography.  I love photographing families, newborns, babies, kids, maternity and seniors! I really would love to try a wedding or two and some gorgeous bridals so if there are any takers out there let me know! I really love to capture families interacting with their children and have their pictures tell a story about them! I take into great detail my clients as I am capturing the details of newborns wrinkles, tiny fingers, curled up, wrapped up and I love capturing who my client is versus what props were available.  You might be thinking now, but she uses props, and yes I do! I love certain props I feel like they just add to the art Im capturing.  I just want to encourage anyone looking for a custom photographer to ask a lot of questions, review the photographers portfolio, and make sure there style is something that you love! There are some great articles on the web about choosing a custom photographer, and why to choose custom photography, they are very informative.  I will be posting links to those articles on my sidebar.  A few things are going to be changing in the New Year for me and I am very excited!!! I have more knowledge and Im definitely taking it to the next level so stay tuned! Prices will be changing in the new year beginning Jan. 2009 but these price structures are for the benefit of my clients.  Im also doing some new things for my studio and have some great new props for newborns, babies and kids and I think you will all love it! Thanks again to all of my clients whom have supported me this year, with out you I wouldnt be able to continue doing what I love!

4 comments:

Olivia StClaire November 17, 2008 at 10:46 AM  

AMEN!! So glad to see this type of post by a photog!!! I might have to borrow your fabulous idea!!

Megan November 17, 2008 at 2:55 PM  

Love your Work! And.. Amen to store studios. Kiddie Kandid, Sears, Target. Blahh. They just hire the first 13 year old who applies to be in charge of the camera, if that was what I wanted, I would have my 2 year old do all my pics. Thanks for the honest about me bit... Love it.

Anonymous November 17, 2008 at 10:38 PM  

I luved it toooo---:)

I might to add a TIB bit to mine as well----

I dito meg'n memories, Luv your work!! Your so popular!!!

Heather Thompson November 18, 2008 at 9:19 PM  

you're so cute! I really can't wait to get our pics done by you!

Manual Photography Course Sign up

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP